2015/04/17

Minimalism sucks

It was a long time coming, but this is my point of view: Minimalism sucks. Architects and Artists alike have made minimalism the gold standard during the last century. If you ask me (and you do since you read this) I'd take rococo over modernity any day. 


Mind you I'm all for editing and I do have better things to do than to scrub and dust all my belongings with an old tooth brush everyday. But when I see those soulless new buildings or interiors I just want to scream of frustration. 


PS: I've written the above what feels like ages ago. But it still feels right to me now. And why does everyone has to have those Eames chairs these days. It's as if every blogpost on interior or every interior magazine article has one in it these days. I'm seriously bored with interior magazines these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment