2011/09/30

Rusts Harbor




Harbors can be very calm and also calming places. Personally I always feel drawn towards water. These boathouses struck me as a bit odd, with their automatic doors.

Anyway, it's Friday and therefore new music is released and I'm sure you'll find something you'll like. I've looked into the new releases and I found James Morrison has released another longplayer. Funny thing is, I used to LOVE his music, I could've listened to it all day. Now, most of his songs are just toooo slow for me, so I won't buy this longplayer and instead just wait till it is available in our local library. Years ago I also had a thing for country music, so the new longplayer of Lady Antebellum would've been a must for me. Now? I don't really care about it. However if you like country music, go check it out.

Music has always been really important to me. During the last 20 years you would have had a hard time to meet me outside without my walkman/iPod. I ALWAYS listened to music. There was even a period when I slept with music on (one calming song on repeat)! As I have changed so much during the last months this part of my life has also changed. Not only do I prefer faster* music during the day now, but I also stop using my iPod all day long. I often don't even take it with me anymore. This change is HUGE for me. Just ask my friends.

The changes are going on and on. Yesterday I felt like I was standing a bit beside me. Why? Because I wanted to do so much, but instead of actually booking my domain, practicing my drawing and filling out forms (taxes ugh), I did get nothing really done. Or at least I feel like I did get nothing done. I cleaned up my place, decided I need a shelf next to my desk for storing my design-stuff** there and not only found an awesome and very creative solution for it, but I also bought the basic piece for it*** and I ate within my very own guidelines (only real food). Nevertheless I felt horrible last night. Seems like I'm becoming more and more the focused and driven person I want to be. Yes, I know, there have to be relaxing days, however yesterday wasn't supposed to be one of those days, those are scheduled for tomorrow and Sunday. My, my, my, when I pull this thing through I might even reach my "CRAZY GOAL" of being such a well-known artist like Andy Warhol or Salvador Dalí.****

Anyhow, I wish all of you a wonderful Friday. Make the best of it, I will.


* more Rock, more Dance, more Pop (I found out that I like songs of Selena Gomez, shocking huh? I especially love "Stop&Erase" at the moment.).
** Books, supplies and the file folder.
*** DIY-post coming up!
**** What?! This is called CRAZY GOAL for a reason. And a bit of craziness is absolutely necessary in this world. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment