2011/07/04

Independence Day in dry sheets

And I'm out of the tunnel. Whoop-di-doo....


This is not only the Independence Day of the USA, but also my very own Independence Day today. It is my first day on my new job*. Yes, the contract is signed and therefore the job is "in dry sheets."

The handrail could be my alter ego, not fitting in from all angles. The columns however, no edges, standing in a group, beige**, can't tell one from the other without seeing it's surroundings.

Have a great new week and month everyone.


* Funny detail: it was application number 99 that became my new job! Hilarious.

** Did I mention that I hate beige and nude colors (camel and so on) in general?! The fact that the shops are full of them now is getting majorly on my nerves. There are wonderfully cut skirts and dresses*** out there, but in beige or grey or camel? Ugh. I seriously don't want to blend in with the background, looking like withered grass or faded black. No thanks.

*** I saw a dream of a dress by Boss yesterday, but in grey for 250€?! No thanks, for that kind of money I want colors, strong colors. Which reminds me of Marco Polo. Remember that I wanted to buy polo-shirts at their shop? Well turns out this years polo-shirts shouldn't be worn out in the sun, because apparently the colour would fade. It said so on the sticker on the garment. Well, I don't know about you, but I always thought polo-shirts are to be worn outside in the sun in summer!?! I wonder where the Marco Polo designers think we are wearing these shirts. In the winter on the north pole? So now I don't have polo-shirts. But since it has only 12°C/53°F in Leipzig at this very moment, I don't care.

2 comments:

  1. Cool shot and congratulations on your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this photo, so full of promise of what's on the other side. Congratulations on your new job!

    ReplyDelete