2010/07/30

The Beauty of Leipzig - Day 5 - Modern Art?






Leipzig has countless old industrial complexes, most of them are harbours for artists, galleries, designers and other entrepreneurs. The biggest complex with galleries, a huge art supply, a fantastic bike store and art studios is the spinnery (Die Spinnerei). These pictures aren't from the spinnery, but a small industrial complex near it, which contains art studios, an outdoor bar and a fashion design studio.

The chair in the first pic just stood there this way and I just thought: "This looks so crazy, put it in a museum and you've got modern art". So I had to take a picture.

Same goes for the tables. I guess they just happened to stand there outside, because the artists and designers sit together on nice evenings and discuss stuff.

The fourth pic was interesting to me, because of the tension between old and new (brickwall vs. shopping cart) and the clash of the colours.

The fifth pic. Well I just thought it funny to put your stuffed dog in a little hole in the old brickwall. So here you've got a pic of it. (This is not my dog! It was there already.)

4 comments:

  1. Very captivating photos and yes, the stuffy got a smile from me :)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the 5th one on it's own. I dunno, you've definitely captured something interesting here. Leipzig is starting to sound like a place I might have to visit one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol.. great pics. stuffy got a smile from me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi,

    ...makes me feel like visiting Leipzig one day.
    Your pictures have a real feel to them. I especially like those you took in Leipzig. I like the fact that they make me feel the intempporality of places. Many thanks.

    Mach's gut :-)

    ReplyDelete